WELCA (Women of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America) is our women’s group at St. Peter’s Lutheran Church. If you are a female member of St. Peter, you are a member of WELCA!
OUR PURPOSE: As a community of women, created in the image of God, called to discipleship in Jesus Christ and empowered by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves to grow in faith, affirm our gifts, support one another in our callings, engage in ministry and action, and promote healing and wholeness in the church, the society , and the world.
WELCA is an active part of St. Peter Lutheran Church. Here are some of our many activities:
• Bible Study – 2nd Thursday of each month at 9:30 am in our fellowship hall.
• Cuddle Club – making blankets for newly baptized babies.
• Prayer Shawl Ministry – 3rd Monday of each month. Knit or crochet shawls.
• Helping with monthly devotions at Valley View Care Center.
- December 11, 2016
- January 22, 2017
- March 5, 2017
- April 16, 2017
- May 28, 2017
- July 9, 2017
- August 20, 2017
- October 1, 2017
- November 12, 2017
- December 24, 2017
• Helping with Community Senior Center
• Quilters – make quilts for Lutheran World Relief, local raffles, and area church camps.
• Help with Lutheran World Relief Baby Care Kits and School Kits.
• Opportunity to serve on various committees within the congregation.
• Volunteering in mission growth – support of service people, support of local food bank, support of Parish Nursing.